Download complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides reliable and secure printing services.
Print Services Include:
- Type I Standard print, which is Simplex printing.
- Type II Special print, which is Duplex printing.
- Print and distribution of all customer reports.
- Print application output to customer specifications.
- Interface with customers to ensure proper scheduling and quality control.
- Form design and maintenance of forms.
- Special development form design is sent to Xerox and the customer pays through a BAR.
The ITD Print Services Unit has two Xerox DP 180 cut sheet printers and two IBM 4000 Series continuous feed printers.
- Print operations staff will ensure that printers are properly maintained and monitored.
- Print consoles are utilized to direct output to the appropriate printer.
- Printer output is visually scanned for print quality and alignment.
- Documents are reprinted if necessary and the print room operators interface with the maintenance providers for problem resolution.
- This service also includes addressing envelopes and boxes for delivery to state agencies by the courier service.
Standard laser print of the following paper types:
- White 8.5 x 11 cut sheet
- Continuous roll fed for reports
- 24 pound pre perforated paper for special job
- Any special stock is provided by the customer agency
Beginning in FY13 print requests outside on MAGNet can no longer be sent directly to ITD’s printers at MITC and all print requests must now be processed through Interchange to ViewDirect. The process includes the following steps:
- Working with your Service Account Manager, a meeting will be scheduled with Customers, ITD Print Services, View Direct and Interchange teams to discuss their print request
- Customers should provide a sample form, letter or report for printing along with the estimated volume, estimated maximum volume, printing schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) and anticipated time of delivery of the files to the View Direct team.
- The View Direct team will test that the sample form, letter or report format can be indexed and will print the sample file.
- The View Direct team will work with the Interchange team to determine the file folder structure in the secure storage location.
- The Interchange team will work with Customers on sending the files through Interchange to the secure storage location.
- Customer files will be processed and printed through ViewDirect.
- Once printed, the Print team will send the output to be distributed per Customer instructions. This includes either sending it back to the customer or sending it to the mail room to be mailed through the USPS.
Support Services Include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp)
- The online COMiT service management portal
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
|Chelsea Print Services||Service availability hours are Sunday 5pm -Saturday 5pm|
|Maintenance of equipment||Vendor maintenance service provides for 24x5 Monday through Friday onsite with a 4 hour onsite arrival of vendor to initiate component repair / exchange.|
|Incident Management*||ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests, change orders and problems.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
Staff will respond to service requests 7:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT.
Emergency requests are approved by authorized customer contacts and must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
|Job Failure Alerts||Customers are notified if mail issues occur||Customers are notified through established contact lists if a mail issue occurs.|
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Design or Modify a Form for My Application|
This request is to create or modify forms used with a customer's application. Forms may be created for a one time or ongoing use. This service request includes:
|Lead time is based on specific request.|
|Request a Special Print Job|
This request is for special print services for any Commonwealth entity. This service request includes:
|Lead time is based on specific request.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will develop and submit any special forms requests to the Chelsea Print Services unit. Special paper or envelopes will be provided by the customer.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities.
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost Framework: Print Services
Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)
|2a||Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD) Costs, Contract Support (HH/U05)|
Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc.)
|2b||Xerox Corporation-Maint for Elixir DesignPro software.-|
|Other Costs, Re-classifications, Adjustments|
Total Hardware/Software/Contracts (UU, LL, etc.) Costs
Allocated Shared Resources
|3||Allocated Shared Resources|
|Total Allocated Costs|
Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service
|5||Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
|Total Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service|
Total expenses for Print Services
Rates pertaining to this service offering include:
Planned FY2013 Units
FY 2013 Rate
|SC110||Type I - Standard||1,000 Pages|
|SD110||Type II - Special||1,000 Pages|
|SC210||Xerox Simplex||1,000 Pages|
|SD210||Xerox Duplex||1,000 Pages|
Updated December 10, 2012
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 25, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team