Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides reliable and secure printing services.
Print Services Include:
- Type I Standard print, which is Simplex printing.
- Type II Special print, which is Duplex printing.
- Print and distribution of all customer reports.
- Print application output to customer specifications.
- Interface with customers to ensure proper scheduling and quality control.
- Form design and maintenance of forms.
- Special development form design is sent to Xerox and the customer pays through a BAR.
The ITD Print Services Unit has two Xerox DP 180 cut sheet printers.
- Print operations staff will ensure that printers are properly maintained and monitored.
- Print consoles are utilized to direct output to the appropriate printer.
- Printer output is visually scanned for print quality and alignment.
- Documents are reprinted if necessary and the print room operators interface with the maintenance providers for problem resolution.
- This service also includes addressing envelopes and boxes for delivery to state agencies by the courier service.
Standard laser print of the following paper types:
- White 8.5x11 cut sheet.
- Continuous roll fed for reports.
- 24 pound pre-perforated paper for special job.
- Any special stock is provided by the customer agency.
Print requests outside of MAGNet cannot be sent directly to ITD’s printers at MITC. All print requests must be processed through Interchange to ViewDirect as follows:
- Your Service Account Manager will schedule a meeting with Customers, ITD Print Services, ViewDirect and Interchange teams to discuss the customer print request.
- Customers should provide a sample form, letter or report for printing along with the estimated volume, estimated maximum volume, printing schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) and anticipated time of delivery of the files to the View Direct team.
- The View Direct team will test that the sample forms, letter or report format can be indexed and will print the sample file.
- The View Direct team will work with the Interchange team to determine the file folder structure in the secure storage location.
- The Interchange team will work with Customers to send the files through Interchange to the secure storage location.
- Customer files will be processed and printed through ViewDirect.
- Once printed, the Print team will send the output to be distributed per Customer instructions. This includes either sending it back to the customer or sending it to the mail room to be mailed through the USPS.
Support Services Include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office ; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal .
- ITD's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Chelsea Print Services||Service availability hours are Sunday 10:15 am - 6:15 pm; Monday-Friday 5:00 am -1:00 am. Note: There is no coverage on Friday from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm.|
|Maintenance of equipment||Vendor maintenance service provides for 24x5 Monday through Friday onsite with a 4 hour onsite arrival of vendor to initiate component repair / exchange.|
|Incident Management *||ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests, change orders and problems.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
Staff will respond to service requests 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT.
Emergency requests are approved by authorized customer contacts and must be opened as incidents to ensure they are acted on immediately out of normal business hours.
|Print quality||Customers are responsible for managing content and format prior to sending to print. Chelsea Print Services ensure that paper does not have spots, paper damages and that all pages are free of random ink spots or lines.|
Yearly pages printed.
If damage is noted customer is contacted to determine if reprint is needed.
|Printers operational||Printers are up and running Print schedules is Monday through Friday 5:00 am to 1:00am. Sunday print operations are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.||Printer up time and site supports primary and backup printer.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
|Job Failure Alerts||Customers are notified if mail issues occur.||Customers are notified through established contact lists if a mail issue occurs.|
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Design or Modify a Form for My Application|
This request is to create or modify forms used with a customer's application. Forms may be created for a one time or ongoing use. This service request includes:
|Lead time is based on specific request.|
|Request a Special Print Job|
This request is for special print services for any Commonwealth entity. This service request includes:
|Lead time is based on specific request.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will develop and submit any special forms requests to the Chelsea Print Services unit. Special paper or envelopes will be provided by the customer.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities.
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage .
Cost framework: Print Services
1. Direct Charges to Customers
|Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$41,448|
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$41,448|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$41,448|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||12.00||$707,010|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||12.00||$707,010|
|- Xerox Corporation-FreeFlow VI Compose software for the DP180 Printers (YET000763 and YET000767) (For FY13 only direct charge to XUMS)(Eff. 9/1/12, $1790 moved from BI001093 in o||$2,148|
|- Xerox Corporation-New 72 month Lease Printer Chelsea - DP180M @ $9,443.69/mo and DP-CNTL8C @ $1,342.75/mo (S/N YET000767) (Will roll throughout term)-||$113,324|
|- Xerox Corporation-New 72 mo. Lease Printer Chelsea - DP180M @ $7,036.63/mo and DP-CNTL8C @ $1,363.16/mo (S/N YET000763) (Will roll throughout term)-||$100,790|
|- Xerox Corporation-Maintenance on roll Feeder (S/N 9577) per xerox letter dated 5/13 from Rich Jarry WJO 5/17/05-||$10,836|
|- RetroFit-2200 LPM Line Printer #000A1094 & Base Dual CCU #000001499 (IBM sold its printer business to InfoPrint. In FY09, will need to select a vendor on contract or do an RFR)||$4,599|
|- Xerox Corporation-Maintenance for Elixir DesignPro software.-||$2,574|
|- Xerox Corporation-New Xerox DP180M printers support for S/N YET000763 and YET000767. New Machines installed 1/10. (Will roll throughout term) -||$121,584|
|- Xerox Corporation-DR Printer at Springfield Data Center-||$20,724|
|- Xerox Corporation-Additional Click Charges for DP180MX s/n YET000763 and DP180MC s/n YET000767 (In FY07, traded in the DP180E and DP180M (S/N DN7-140523 & DN7-140452) CONTRACT A||$2,000|
|- RetroFit-Click charges for the (2) IBM 4000 240 / 300 DPI Printers-||$4,800|
|- RetroFit-(2) IBM 4000 240/300DPI Printers - (Replaces the Siemens/OCE 2090 Printers) (Eff. FY12, only 1 printer requires support)-||$13,482|
|-Other costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments, Print Supplies-||$290,000|
|- RetroFit-Roll Systems Folder/Unwind-||$31,500|
|-Other costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||-$41,448|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$676,914|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$1,383,924|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Total 4A. Shared ITD Data Center Services||$0|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$0|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$464,681|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$464,681|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$464,681|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
Grand Total: Print and Mail Services - Print Services
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Type II - Special-Each 1000 Pages||SD110||$37.17||6151.04965128094||$228,627|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Single Sided Page-Each 1000 Images||SC210||$46.68||1086.2424||$50,706|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Type I - Standard-Each 1000 Pages||SC110||$46.68||7758.62470594571||$362,174|
|PRINT_AND_MAIL - Double Sided Page-Hour||SD210||$37.17||33591.3084||$1,248,546|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$1,890,053|
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated August 14, 2014
Reviewed August 14, 2014
Published August 14, 2009
Created March 25, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team