Download the complete service offering .
1. Description of Service
MassIT's Security and Threat Analysis Service, using McAfee Endpoint Protection services, provides the following support to customers:
- Protection of the endpoint against unauthorized access using McAfee Endpoint Protection
- EPO Centralization including centralized licensed tracking
- ITD will provide the deployment of, or the consulting support on the deployment of, endpoints
- Monitoring, detecting, and alerting of the network for evidence of abnormal activity that may be a result of a network intrusion
- Standard Reporting for your Secretariat/Agency with daily, weekly, monthly reports
- Ongoing support for troubleshooting or will refer to McAfee Support if needed
- Remediation and consulting for any customer issues
- Cyber Security Portal
- MassIT Twitter Account
- MS-ISAC Monitoring Service
Education services include:
- Instructor-led Awareness Sessions that include mobile training and a breach demonstration lab.
- Computer-based Cyber Security Awareness Training module accessible to all MAGNet users.The CBT, accessible at http://cybersecuritycbt.itd.state.ma.us:8080/cybersecurity/, can be completed in 3-4 hours and can be started, interrupted, and resumed at the user's leisure.
- On-line training (at no cost) that includes 10 on-line course offerings that address several important topics in information security and are divided into three general tracks: non-technical, technical for IT professionals, and management/business professionals. Each course consists of approximately 5 hours of training that can be completed in one or more sittings, at the student's leisure.All training session can be scheduled by contacting MassIT's Enterprise Security Office*.
Mass.gov cyber security portal:
MassIT also manages a Cyber Security portal that includes cyber security-related alerts, advisories, and news reports at: http://www.mass.gov/anf/research-and-tech/cyber-security/.
MassIT Twitter Account:
As an alternative method for rapid dissemination of cyber security-related content, MassIT now publishes via its Twitter account at www.twitter.com/MassITcyberAlerts
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal.
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
- For additional Security support services please see Security Information Services.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Infrastructure Components||EPO Server|
|Service is available 24x7.|
|Staff will respond to service requests during the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT.|
|Incident Management*||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests and changes. Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.|
|Malware removed by EPO or subnet||Provide customer customized reports to show how much malware was remediated.||Number of infections found|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
|Scanning Report||Information submitted within application||Weekly/Monthly|
|Information submitted within application||Weekly/Monthly|
|EndPoint Report||Inventory and scanning reports that provide detailed information regarding endpoint services and access.||Weekly/Monthly|
4. Service Requests
|COMiT Service Requests*|
|Lead Time-Business Days|
|Request Security and Threat Analysis Support||This request is for support from the Security and Threat Analysis team.||1-2 Days|
|Report Security Abuse||This request is to report security abuse.||1-2 Days|
|Request Forensic Investigation||This request is for a forensic investigation to be performed.||1-2 Days|
5. Customer Responsibilities
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
The cost pertaining to this service is based on $3 per license/user.
Updated September 04, 2015
Reviewed September 04, 2015
Published August 14, 2009
Created September 13, 2013: Information provided by the Security Office