Download the complete service offering .
1. Description of Service
ITD's Security and Threat Analysis Service, using McAfee Endpoint Protection services, provides the following support to customers:
- Protection of the endpoint against unauthorized access using McAfee Endpoint Protection
- EPO Centralization including centralized licensed tracking
- ITD will provide the deployment of, or the consulting support on the deployment of, endpoints
- Monitoring, detecting, and alerting of the network for evidence of abnormal activity that may be a result of a network intrusion
- Standard Reporting for your Secretariat/Agency with daily, weekly, monthly reports
- Ongoing support for troubleshooting or will refer to McAfee Support if needed.
- Remediation and consulting for any customer issues
- Cyber Security Portal
- ITD Twitter Account
Education services include:
- Instructor-led Awareness Sessions that include mobile training and a breach demonstration lab
- Computer-based Cyber Security Awareness Training module accessible to all MAGNet users
- The CBT, accessible at http://cybersecuritycbt.itd.state.ma.us:8080/cybersecurity/, can be completed in 3-4 hours and can be started, interrupted, and resumed at the user's leisure.
- On-line training (at no cost) that includes 10 on-line course offerings that address several important topics in information security and are divided into three general tracks: non-technical, technical for IT professionals, and management/business professionals. Each course consists of approximately 5 hours of training that can be completed in one or more sittings, at the student's leisure.
- All training session can be scheduled by contacting ITD's Enterprise Security Office*.
Mass.gov cyber security portal:
ITD also manages a Cyber Security portal that includes cyber security-related alerts, advisories, and news reports at: http://www.mass.gov/anf/research-and-tech/cyber-security/.
ITD Twitter Account:
As an alternative method for rapid dissemination of cyber security-related content, ITD now publishes via its Twitter account at www.twitter.com/ITDcyberAlerts
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp)
- The online COMiT service management portal
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
Service is available 24x7.
Staff will respond to service requests during the hours of 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday excluding holidays. Customers can make requests through COMiT.
ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to manage incidents, requests and changes. Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
Information submitted within application
Information submitted within application
Inventory and scanning reports that provide detailed information regarding endpoint services and access.
4. Service Requests
|COMiT Service Requests*|
|Lead Time-Business Days|
Request Endpoint Access and Support
|Requesting new or changed services and support.||1-2 Days|
Request System Training*
|Schedule training on how to use this service.||Up to 5 days|
5. Customer Responsibilities
For your convenience, you may also view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost framework: Security and Threat
1. Direct Charges to Customers
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$0|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$0|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||4.60||$423,374|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||4.60||$423,374|
|- SHI-McAfee Antivirus (Replaces Norton Antivirus BI385) (Will Roll throughout 3-yr term)-||$175,305|
|- IntraSystems, Inc.-Qradar/ICX (In FY08, transferred to Unit 2224) (Eff. FY13, includes BI706 and BI851)-||$116,830|
|-Other costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||$42|
|- Dell Software-Lyris Listmanager 6.0 #52-1881658 (In FY07, funded under Unit 2420) (Beginning in FY12, moved from Unit 2653) (Eff. FY13, per security, should be in Unit 7750)||$2,913|
|- Akibia (Aquila Technologies)-NetWitness-||$93,043|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$388,133|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$811,507|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Total 4A. Shared ITD Data Center Services||$0|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$0|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$396,526|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$396,526|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$396,526|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
Grand Total: Security Products and Services - Security and Threat
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|Security - Security and Threat-$-||SU110||$2||651600||$1,208,033|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$1,208,033|
The cost pertaining to this service is based on $2 per license/user.
Download a complete listing of all chargeback rates
Updated October 25, 2013
Reviewed October 25, 2013
Published August 14, 2009
Created September 13, 2013: Information provided by the Security Office