MassIT provides project management services for MassIT hosted systems. The goal of the project manager is to deliver projects that meet customer requirements according to timelines, budgets, and quality standards. In FY15 the MassIT PMO will provide new customer project dashboards and reports from the project management system. The goal is to provide project information related to project status, milestones, issues, and risks.
Project Management Services include the following:
- Identify project sponsor(s) and stakeholders.
- Validate customer business requirements.
- Create and publish initial Project scope document.
- Ensure the application is in compliance with MassIT policies and standards.
- Monitor the project cost breakdown to be completed by an Infrastructure Planning Group (IPG) designer.
- Develop contingency and overtime budgets and ensure they become part of the project BAR/Budget/Costs.
- Complete supply requests in accordance with the Bill of Materials created by IPG designer.
- Develop Procurement documents as required (Request for Referrals-RFR, Request for Information-RFI, Request for Proposals-RFP) in accordance with the Operational Services Division (OSD).
- Ensure costs align with customer budget, and promote alternative options as required.
- Conduct work breakdown structure meetings.
- Develop a work breakdown structure of tasks and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule to be published to stakeholders.
- Manage resources within organizational guidelines.
- Identify resource requirements.
- Develop the project team.
- Conduct regular team meetings to discuss status and review deliverables.
- Manage resources to the project plan and schedule.
- Develop a risk management plan or use Risk Control in Clarity.
- Identify and publish qualified and quantified risks upon assessment.
- Develop and document mitigation strategies.
Project Management and Coordination
- Follows the Service Delivery Improvement Process (SDIP).
- Develop and manage a communication plan.
- Manage and track issues to closure.
- Manage change management.
- Manage production turnover planning.
- Manage and coordinate customer approval.
- Confirm work is done to requirements.
- Gain formal acceptance of the product.
- Document lessons learned.
- Officially turn project over to Operations as a production ready system.
COMiT Service Requests
The following table lists the COMiT service requests used to initiate project services.
COMiT Service Request
|Description||Lead Time-Business Days|
This is a request to initiate a new project within MassIT and is a service coordinated through your Service Account Manager
|Lead time depends on specific request|
Chargeback Rate Information
Customers are charged for PMO project management services on an hourly bases. The hourly rate for this service is $86 per hour, rate code SQ080. For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Cost framework: Project Management Office
1.Direct Charges to Customers
|Total 1A. Customer Specific - Costs Directly Charged to Customers||$0|
|Total 1. Direct Charges to Customers||$0|
2. Direct Dedicated Resources
|Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||2.31||$249,135|
|Total 2A. Direct Costs - Salaries (AA) and Fringe (DD), Contract (U05, HH)||2.31||$249,135|
|- Other Costs, Reclassifications, Adjustments-||$1,262|
|Total 2B. Hardware / Software / Contracts (UU, LL , etc)||$1,262|
|Total 2. Direct Dedicated Resources||$250,397|
3. Indirect Costs
|Total 3A. Allocated Shared Resources||$0|
|Total 3. Indirect Costs||$0|
4. Indirect Costs
|Total 4A. Shared ITD Data Center Services||$0|
|Total 4. Indirect Costs||$0|
5. Allocated Costs
|Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$43,845|
|Total 5A. Allocated Costs Not Specific to Service||$43,845|
|Total 5. Allocated Costs||$43,845|
6. Management Adjustments
|Total 6A. Management Adjustments||$0|
|Total 6. Management Adjustments||$0|
|GrandTotal: Support Function Products and Services - Project Management Office||$294,241|
7. Rates Pertaining to this Service
|SERVICE OFFERING / TITLE / BILLABLE UNIT||RATECODE||RATE||PLANNED UNITS||COST|
|SUPPORT_FUNCTIONS - Project Management Office Services-Hours||SQ080||$86||3421.41178139535||$294,241|
|Total 7A. Rates Pertaining to this Service||$294,241|
Updated October 21, 2014
Reviewed March 09, 2015
Published November 25, 2012
Created 5/12/09: Information provided by the Program Management Office