Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
The MassIT provides a reliable and centrally managed inbound and outbound electronic messaging and collaboration Gateway services. Offering these enterprise centralized services to our customers helps reduce the total cost of ownership of messaging while also creating an enterprise computing infrastructure that customers can leverage and use to add value to their existing IT services.
This service include:
- Internet Mail Spam Scanning – blocks known viruses determined to be SPAM.
- Anti-Virus Scanning – blocks/cleans messages that contain known viruses.
- E-Mail Address Directory Synchronization – provides Global Address List (GAL) directory synchronization from disparate email systems.
- Address Rewrites – provides address rewrites to state.ma.us for users in the Sentrion Directory.
- Sentrion MTA’s – responsible for the delivery of email to/from the Commonwealth’s email systems and also accepts and delivers email for the state.ma.us domain.
As part of the Consolidation effort, and taking into consideration the needs of MassIT to continue to offer the best service possible, MassIT has combined this service into a Unified Communications core.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal .
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Service Availability||Service availability hours are 24x7excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages. There is a 2 hour window each month (Thursday, Friday-second week of the month) in which MassIT will perform planned systems maintenance.|
|Incident Management*||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to managing incidents,requests and changes.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
Staff will respond to service requests between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm excluding holidays.
Off hours requests must be opened via CommonHelp phone support and reported as an emergency. The on-call person will be paged.
|Not available at this time.|
|Not available at this time.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
Currently, there are no reports offered for this service.
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Request Service Account Manager Support||In order to request Gateway Services, customers should work with their Service Account Managers directly.||5 Days|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will place requests for service through their Service Account Manager.
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
Reviewed August 26, 2014
Updated August 26,2014
Published August 14, 2009
Created April 2, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team