1. Description of Service
The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides a reliable and centrally managed inbound and outbound electronic messaging and collaboration service. Offering these enterprise centralized services to our customers helps reduce the total cost of ownership of messaging while also creating an enterprise computing infrastructure that customers can leverage and use to add value to their existing IT services.
This service include:
- Internet Mail Spam Scanning - blocks known viruses determined to be SPAM
- Anti-Virus Scanning - blocks cleans messages that contain known viruses
- Content Filtering - blocks specific words and/or phrases
- E-Mail Address Directory Synchronization - provides Global Address List (GAL) directory synchronization from disparate email systems
- Address Rewrites - provides address rewrites to state.ma.us for users in the Sentrion Directory
- Sentrion MTA's - responsible for the delivery of email to/from the Commonwealth's email systems and also accepts and delivers email for the state.ma.us domain
- TrustSphere - decreases the number of "false positive" emails being marked as SPAM
As part of the Consolidation effort, and taking into consideration the needs of ITD to continue to offer the best service possible, ITD has combined this service into a new Unified Communications core. In the future, this core group will be able to provide Unified Communications to participating agencies and organizations throughout the Commonwealth.
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding ITD Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp)
- The online COMiT service management portal
2. Service Targets/Hours of Availability
Service availability hours are 24x7excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages. There is a 2 hour window each month (Thursday, Friday-second week of the month) in which ITD will perform planned systems maintenance.
ITD Service Management Office has standard processes to managing incidents,requests and changes.
Staff will respond to service requests between 7am and 5pm excluding holidays.
Off hours requests must be opened via CommonHelp phone support and reported as an emergency. The on-call person will be paged.
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
Currently, there are no reports offered for this service.
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
Request Service Account Manager Support
|In order to request Gateway Services, customers should work with their Service Account Managers directly.Requests that come to the Gateway team will be referred to the SAM for support.|
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
The customer will place requests for service through their Service Account Manager.
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
The costs pertaining to this service offering are currently included in Security Services under MAGNet Security Protection Port Charge Rate Code SU060.
Updated June 20, 2011
Published August 14, 2009
Created April 2, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team