Download the complete service offering
1. Description of Service
MassIT provides a reliable and centrally managed bulk electronic messaging delivery service called ListServ. A list server is a device that operates mailing lists and distributes new messages, newsletters, or other postings from list members or list administrators to the entire list of subscribers.
This service includes:
- Ability to send email to "All" Commonwealth employees or Executive Branch employees
- Ability to send email to constituents and/or customers
- Supports customized templates or uses pre-built HTML templates
- Supports personalized and targeted content
Support services include:
- A Service Account Manager to answer any questions or concerns regarding MassIT Services.
- Services offered through our Operations Office; including Change Management and customer access to incident management via email, phone (CommonHelp).
- The online COMiT service management portal .
- MassIT's Chargeback Billing System.
2. Service Targets and Metrics
|Service Availability||Service availability hours are 24x7excluding planned maintenance and unplanned outages. There is a 2 hour window each month (Friday-second week of the month) in which MassIT will perform planned systems maintenance.|
|Incident Management*||MassIT Service Management Office has standard processes to managing incidents, requests and changes.|
Outages or urgent issues should be reported by phone to receive the quickest response 1-866-888-2808.
Staff will respond to service requests 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Off hours requests: Must be opened via CommonHelp phone support and reported as an emergency. The on-call person will be paged.
|Not available at this time.|
|Not available at this time.|
*Incidents, requests, or changes that are outside the scope of the defined service description or normal service hours will be direct charged to the customer.
3. Service Reporting
The following reporting information is provided to customers as part of this service:
This report details the following:
|Automatically provided through e-mail whenever a message is sent.|
4. Service Requests
Lead Time-Business Days
|Set Up a List Server List|
This request is to grant administrative privileges to the state-wide list serve application. Once granted authority, agencies can create their own list serve lists, giving the ability to send email to a targeted group of users. This service request includes:
*For new service requests only. To manage existing requests, please log into COMiT.
5. Customer Responsibilities
Customers have the ability to populate and maintain their own customized messaging lists.
For your convenience, you may view a detailed list of customer responsibilities .
6. Chargeback Rate Information
For more information on Chargeback, including an overview of the program as well as current and previous fiscal year rates, please visit our Chargeback Services webpage.
The costs pertaining to this service offering are currently included with MassMail.
Reviewed August 23, 2016
Updated September 02, 2014
Published August 14, 2009
Created April 2, 2009: Information provided by the Business Services Team