The Service Management Office (SMO) provides processes, tools and resources that enable the operation and delivery of high quality IT Services to Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branch agencies and users. As such, the SMO focuses on the framework to deliver IT Services and on strengthening the relationships with agencies and understanding information technology's contribution to their business. The following Teams make up the Service Management Office (Please click on a Team name to view a detailed org chart):
The Service Management Team consists of The Technical Assistance Center (TAC), which ensures the health and welfare of the (Magnet) core networking infrastructure; Asset management and the Enterprise Operations Team (described below).
The mission of Enterprise Operations is to provide IT operational support for all of ITD's customers. In order to accomplish this, the Enterprise Operations Team:
- Manages the operation and monitoring of information systems and batch processing (24 x 7) of all hosted infrastructure
- Provides IT Service Management (ITSM) services through our CommonHelp Service Desk that ensures that all service calls and inquiries to ITD are tracked from registration to closure within agreed service levels and that all requests and changes follow agreed control procedures
- Provides pro-active problem management and availability management services to increase the Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and reduce the Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) of incidents.
The Service Account Management Team is responsible for developing and managing the overall business relationship between the Information Technology Division (ITD) and its customers through proactive and collaborative account management. In order to accomplish this, the Service Account Management Team:
- Understands customers' business and technology needs and properly identifying and communicating their requirements, both internally and externally, while assisting and delivering successful solutions
- Ensures clear communication directly with customers regarding ITD's policies, guidelines, services, support and associated chargeback costs
- Supports ITD's Capital Plan and coordinates the Investment Brief Process
Program Management Office (MITC)
The mission of the Program Management Office MITC is to enhance ITD's ability to successfully deliver high quality projects. In order to accomplish this, the Program Management Office MITC:
- Institutes robust and consistent project management processes at ITD based on industry standards and best practices to provide accountability, transparency and predictability in project delivery
- Provides project management service for initiatives that are hosted at the ITD Data Center
Updated November 19, 2010: Information provided by the Human Resources Office