How to join the listserv:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject: State and Local IT Information Exchange
- Email address
- Job Title
How to send a message:
Anyone who has joined the listserv can send a message to the group by using the email@example.com email address.
When sending a message to the entire listserv, consider that your message is going to several individuals on the list. If you have a suggestion or a response to the person who sent the original message, you should email that person directly rather than sending your message to the entire list. If your message or question is intended for the full community, however, send it to the full list. We want to keep the listserv manageable and relevant while encouraging open conversation.
Out of Office Notifications:
After you send a message to the list, you may get a lot of "Out of Office" messages from various subscribers to the list. If you don't want to receive these messages, you can set up your email software to filter out messages that have "out of office" in the subject line. You should consult with your IT support staff to see how to filter these messages, since it will depend on the email package you use.
How to unsubscribe to the listserv:
- Create a NEW MESSAGE, address it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The message should have NO SUBJECT
- Type this text in the body of the message: Unsubscribe to State and Local IT Information Exchange listserv
- Leave off any other text in the body of the message, including signature blocks
Please email Tim Sullivan, Municipal Government Liaison.
Updated July 1, 2015: Information provided by MassIT