The Office is comprised of the following Groups:
- Provides Magnet Core and Wide Area Network infrastructure and support
- Offers network design and implementation services
- Provides telephony infrastructure and services for Ashburton and Saltonstall facilities
- Provides wireless device provisioning and technical support
The Hosting Services Office provides services to state agencies who wish to host their applications services at ITD's data center located at the Massachusetts Information Technology Center (MITC) in Chelsea, MA. Currently, our services are divided among the following Groups; Unix Team , Windows Systems Services , Operating Systems , and Linux Team . These Groups provide the following:
- Choice of platforms include: IBM Mainframe zOS, Windows, AIX, HPUX, and Linux operating systems
- Operating system support consisting of system configuration, system monitoring, performance tuning, upgrade, and proactive patching
- Hardware management including break/fix as well as replacement coordination
The Infrastructure Planning Office provides infrastructure planning and architectural design for our new business projects and internal infrastructure initiatives. In order to accomplish this, the Infrastructure Planning Group:
- Provides infrastructure solution designs for hosting of internal and external ITD customer applications using an OSG developed infrastructure architecture framework to document, review and sign off on proposed technical architectures
- Provides enterprise capacity planning for hardware and software maintained within the Data center.
Other Technology Offices
The Enterprise Policy and Architecture Group is committed to providing support to customers and colleagues with an unwavering focus on ITD's values, best practices and community outreach and engagement. In order to accomplish this, the Policy and Architecture Group:
- Establishes the overall vision and strategic implementation of the SOA infrastructure
- Developes and provides oversight of cohesive Enterprise Policies, both security and non security related
- Maintains the Enterprise Technical Reference Model and Enterprise Technical Architecture which set the road map for future Enterprise Infrastructure and Operating Environments
The Integration Services Group is chiefly tasked with researching, developing and implementing shared oriented architecture (SOA) and SOA related technologies within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Current services published and supported are:
- COMiT - Provides the application framework for IT Service Management processes. The mission of COMiT is to improve the customer experience with ITD. COMiT provides a single point of contact for all customer requests that enables ITD to streamline our internal work into repeatable and sustainable processes that contribute to consistent service delivery, supports improved communications between ITD and customers which helps ITD meet customer expectations and enhances self service by providing one place to go to request services and report incidents.
- ViewDirect Content Management
The Second Data Center Program is a major investment by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to build a new data center in the Western, MA area. The Second Data Center will:
- Provide greater continuity and availability of IT services for Commonwealth agencies and our constituents
- Involve the collaboration of several state agencies spanning several years to design and construct a world class facility for the Commonwealth.
Updated March 28, 2014: Information provided by the Human Resources Office