The State Library of Massachusetts has a sizable collection of state documents, digital projects, and other historical materials, as well as exhibits in electronic form in the library’s DSpace repository and Flickr site. These include:
Massachusetts Acts and Resolves : Session Laws from 1692 to 2009
State and Municipal Documents: Includes electronic state publications received since 2007, as well a growing number of digitized materials dating back to the 19th century. These highly used materials include:
- Public Officers of the Commonwealth
- Manual for the General Court
- Massachusetts Law Compilations
- Massachusetts Election Statistics
- Massachusetts State Census
- Annual Report of Vital Statistics in the Commonwealth
- Annual Reports of the Massachusetts Attorney General
- Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary War
- Massachusetts Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines in the Civil War
- Annual Reports for former towns of Dana, Enfield, Greenwich and Prescott
- Annual Reports for various state agencies, including the Department of Public Health , Worcester State Hospital and Northampton State Hospital. These reports are found under the agency in our DSpace repository.
Digital Projects and other Historical Materials: The library has developed a number of digital projects detailed below. In addition to these, there are historical photographs, maps, postcards and manuscripts in the library’s DSpace Repository and Flickr page. Among these projects and materials are:
- Massachusetts Real Estate Atlas Project
- Mapping Massachusetts: The History of Transportation Systems in the Commonwealth
- The Alexander Parris Digital Project: Alexander Parris (1780 - 1852) was one of the most prominent architect-engineers of Massachusetts in the first half of the nineteenth-century.
- Zimmer Index: Index of newspaper articles from Boston and the surrounding area from 1878 to 1937.
- World War I Soldier Photographs
- Legislators' Photographs
- State House Postcards
Exhibits: Panels from exhibits that have been displayed at the State Library.
This information is provided by The State Library of Massachusetts.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.