The State Library of Massachusetts provides free wireless Internet access in the main reading room and public balcony for patrons who have the required hardware and software needed to use this service. By using the wireless service at the Library, the patron acknowledges that he or she is subject to and agrees to abide by the Library's Acceptable Use Policy (available at the circulation desk) and the following conditions:
- Patrons use the wireless service at their own risk. Because the wireless network is unsecured, any information sent or received using the network may be intercepted. The State Library of Massachusetts is not responsible for any personal information that is compromised or for any damages, alterations, or interferences with a laptop's configuration or data files resulting from use of the wireless network.
- Patrons are responsible for virus and security protection on their laptops.
- Library staff are not permitted to handle patrons' laptops or peripheral equipment.
- Library staff are not permitted to configure patrons' laptops or provide technical assistance with connecting to the wireless network.
- Library staff reserves the right to disconnect a user's laptop from a power outlet at any time.
- Printing is not available to patrons using the wireless network.
- Due to periodic maintenance and unforeseen downtime, the Library does not guarantee that the wireless network will be available at any specific time.
This information is provided by The State Library of Massachusetts.