There are two toolkits you should review and apply when considering a blog for your Commonwealth of Massachusetts agency or secretariat:
Social Media Legal Guidance Toolkit
The Social Media Legal Guidance Toolkit is for you and your legal counsel to review and apply before implementing social media for your agency or authorizing employees to participate on social media sites.
- Introduction & Preliminary Steps: things to consider before diving in
- Policy & Security Considerations: Communicating directly supports transparency and civic engagement, but we still have to be careful to protect our agencies, employees and users
- Best Practices: Some tips on how to make your blog a valuable tool
- Enterprise Branding: promoting consistency and authenticity with a Commonwealth Conversations blog
- Blog Preparation Checklist: questions to answer to request a Commonwealth Conversations blog