A&F links to website content that provides information and tools to help citizens and state agencies. Links will go directly to the most relevant pages, not necessarily to organizational home pages.
At our discretion, we may link to websites that:
- Are official federal, state or local government-owned or supported or provide official government information or services;
- Are accessible to users with disabilities;
- Are applicable to a wide audience of local citizens and state agencies;
- Contain current, accurate, and authoritative content;
- Are easy to navigate;
- Are private, nonprofit entities provided that:
- A&F has a noncommercial relationship with the entity, such as membership, sponsorship, or research partnership
We will not link to websites that:
- Handle the privacy of personal information in a way that is inconsistent with A&F's .
- Are associated with political or advocacy groups for a political party, organization, or candidate running for office;
- Promote or exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography; libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Promote any religion or religious viewpoint;
- Are individual or personal home pages.
Links to Government Websites
A&F can add a link to any government website that is publicly available unless directed not to by the agency that owns the site. Acceptable federal government-owned or state government-sponsored website domains include .gov, .mil, .fed.us, and state.xx.us.
A&F also links to quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships; state and local government sites; and some government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net (e.g., www.mbta.com for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority).
Links to Non-Government Websites
A&F may link to other websites that provide additional information and practical tools to help government agencies serve customers. We primarily link to other government sites, but will also link to non-government sites for information not available elsewhere within government. We'll choose links that go directly to useful pages, not necessarily to organizational home pages. A&F agency Lead Web Publishers, will evaluate links using the following criteria:
- Does the suggested link point to an official government-owned or supported website, or a reliable and trustworthy non-government site?
- Is the recommended website's content relevant, useful, and authoritative?
- Does it complement existing information, products, and services on the A&F portal?
- Does the information appear to be current and accurate?
- Does the recommended website’s approach to the privacy of personal information appear to be consistent with the government’s privacy and security policies?
- Is the recommended website user-friendly, accessible, and applicable to the A&F audience?
A&F may also embed (incorporate) content from social media websites (such as YouTube videos or Twitter feeds) to provide a richer experience for our visitors. Such tools are always used in accordance with the A&F Social Media Policy.
If you click a link to an outside website, such as Facebook or YouTube, you will leave the A&F portal and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. If you have concerns about how these other websites handle privacy and security issues, we strongly recommend that you review the policies of any external sites you visit.