The 5th Annual Legal Food Frenzy ended April 4, 2014, with a repeat of last year’s success.  Once again, the Berkshire County District Attorney’s Office swept the District Attorney’s divisions and captured the title of Most Food Collected by a Medium Size Firm.  The two-week campaign for donations to benefit the food banks of Massachusetts broke all records collecting the equivalent of 712,000 pounds of food.  Over 60 legal organizations from across the state competed in various divisions collecting donations and food for the state’s four regional food banks.

The Berkshire District Attorney’s Office raised $1,655.00 in cash during the 2014 Legal Food Frenzy.  With events like Dress Down Fridays and Water Balloon Toss at the Boss, there was no shortage of fundraising opportunities.  The office also collected over one ton   of food during the two weeks.  On April 7th, 2,512 pounds of food was delivered to the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts with help from the Berkshire County Sheriff’s Office. 

Those totals were enough for the Berkshire District Attorney’s Office to claim title to all three state-wide District Attorney Divisions for the second straight year.  The Berkshire District Attorney’s Office won Most Raised Overall, Most Food Collected, and Most Raised Per Capita By A District Attorney’s Office.  The office also won in the category of Most Food Collected By A Medium Size Firm. 

“I am never surprised by the generosity of the people working in my office.  They all possess a commitment to the community.  It is reflected in the work they do every day and in their participation in events like the Legal Food Frenzy.  I am very proud of my office and what we accomplished to help the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts”, said District Attorney David F. Capeless.  “I also expect you will see a three-peat next year.”