For Immediate Release - May 15, 2015

           Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe announced today that a Barnstable County jury returned a verdict of Guilty of Murder in the First Degree in the trial of Commonwealth v. Quoizel Wilson. The defendant, Quoizel Wilson (DOB: 05/30/1978) was convicted of the murder of 23 year old Trudie Hall who was pregnant with his child at the time he shot her repeatedly to death. He then discarded her body which was not found for over 2 years.

           As the investigation proceeded, cell tower location information was key in tracking the defendant’s movements on the night Trudie disappeared. This data placed the defendant in proximity with Trudie’s phone. In addition, this data revealed that Trudie’s phone was still active and moving after the time when she would have died in the opinion of the Medical Examiner. The Medical Examiner examined the bloody car Trudie had rented after it was found by police in the Exit 6 Commuter Parking Lot off of Route 6. He felt that anyone who lost that amount of blood would have perished without immediate medical attention.

           The defendant was convicted on two separate theories of First Degree Murder; deliberate premeditation and extreme atrocity and cruelty.

           State Police, Barnstable Police and other police agencies as well as the Medical Examiner’s Office and the Crime Lab participated in the investigation.

           "I observed this jury's attention to the evidence and the instructions of the court in this difficult case. It is always impressive to see this most important of civic duties carried out by willing citizens with dedication and great care. I hope this verdict brings a measure of comfort to Trudies' mother, Vivian, a gracious and patient lady.

            The investigators led by Captain Chris Mason and Trooper Matt Lavoie of the Massachusetts State Police and all of the other police departments and First Assistant District Attorney Michael Trudeau and the prosecution team worked very hard to bring this case to a just conclusion," said District Attorney Michael O'Keefe.