Indictment of Adrian Loya
Cape & Island’s District Attorney Michael O’Keefe announced today that a Barnstable Grand Jury indicted Adrian T. Loya (DOB 2/5/1984) on the following charges:
- Murder M.G.L. c. 265 §1
- Armed Assault to Murder M.G.L. c. 265 §18(b) three indictments
- Aggravated Assault & Battery M.G.L. c. 265 §15A (c) (i) three indictments
- Armed Home Invasion M.G.L. c. 265 §18(c) two indictments
- Armed Assault in Dwelling M.G.L. c. 265 §18A two indictments
- Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony M.G. L. c. 265 §18B three indictments
- Armed Kidnapping with Serious Bodily Injury M.G.L. c. 265 §26 two indictments
- Burglary & Assault on Occupant M.G.L. c. 266 §14
- Arson of a Motor Vehicle M.G.L. c. 266 §5
- Possession of a Hoax Device M.G.L. c. 266 §102(b)
- Assault & Battery on a Police Officer M.G.L. c. 265 §13D
- Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device M.G.L. c. 269 §10(m) ten indictments
These indictments resulted from the shooting death of Lisa Trubnikova and the shooting of her spouse in their residence in the town of Bourne on February 5, 2015. Loya and the two victims were members of the United States Coast Guard.
During the police response to this incident, Bourne Police Officer Jared MacDonald was shot and wounded.
District Attorney O’Keefe noted the cooperative effort of the police agencies involved. “This is the culmination of months of work by many police agencies and the United States Coast Guard and the District Attorney’s Office. This important stage of a tragic case has been completed.”
The defendant who is being held without bail will be arraigned in Barnstable Superior Court in due course.