- The Hospital Case Mix Databases section includes an overview of and related documentation for the three available databases including: the Outpatient Emergency Department Database, Inpatient Discharge Database, and Outpatient Observation Database. To apply for case mix database information, please complete the DHCFP Case Mix Datasets Request Application.
- The Hospital Financial Performance information includes annual and quarterly reports with aggregate data and individual hospital fact sheets, for Massachusetts hospitals.
- The Hospital and Community Health Center Cost Report Databases section includes an overview of the Hospital Cost Report and Community Health Center Cost Report databases.
- The Household Survey on Insurance Status public use file includes survey results related to topics such as insurance status, access to care, and use of services.
Previously, the Division of Health Care Finance and Policy, the predecessor to CHIA, published the Hospital Summary Utilization Data Files (HSUDF). These summary files were based on the following datasets – hospital discharge, outpatient observation visit, Emergency Department visit and 403 Cost Reports. Release of these summary data files has been discontinued. Files for FY 2005-FY 2010 are available from CHIA upon request by contacting the Center's public records office at email@example.com.
- The Long Term Care Databases section contains information about nursing home and rest home cost reports; patient day and final rate listing files; and the provider history file.
- Information about Massachusetts hospitals, including services and location
- See information about Massachusetts hospitals, including their services and general information, by using a variety of online clickable maps
- The Center is required under M.G.L. c. 12C to collect and report on Health Status Adjusted Total Medical Expenses (TME), Relative Prices (RP), Alternative Payment Methods (APM), and Provider Payment Methods (PPM). Regulation 957 CMR 2.00 governs the methodology and filing requirements for health care payers to calculate and report TME, RP, APM, and PPM data pursuant to M.G.L. c. 12C.