Scope & Title
Effective April 1, 1988
These rules govern the procedures of the Commission on Judicial Conduct in the exercise of its jurisdiction pursuant to Chapter 211C of the General Laws as appearing in St.1987, c. 656, and apply to proceedings which are initiated on or after April 1, 1988.
These rules shall be known and may be cited as the Rules of the Commission on Judicial Conduct (R.C.J.C.).
Any proceedings initiated prior to April 1, 1988, shall be governed by the rules which were in effect under Chapter 211C before April 1, 1988.
- Rule 1: Definitions
- Rule 2: Composition of Commission
- Rule 3: Organization of Commission
- Rule 4: Jurisdiction of the Commission
- Rule 5: Confidentiality
- Rule 6: Commission Proceedings
- Rule 7: Sufficient Cause for Formal Charges
- Rule 8: Scheduling of Formal Hearing
- Rule 9: Discovery during the Formal Proceeding Stage
- Rule 10: Formal Hearing
- Rule 11: Post-Hearing Procedure
- Rule 12: Cases Involving Allegations of Mental or Physical Disability
- Rule 13: Direct Submission to the Supreme Judicial Court
- Rules of the Commission on Judicial Conduct