New Hires must:
Departments are reminded:
- To verify the SSN to Name. (This does not verify eligibility to work.) The SSA telephone number is 1-800-772-6270. If a mismatch is identified, a corrected W4 must be completed.
- To use the I9 Form when verifying Identity and Proof of Work Eligibility (NOTE: The group A List has been reduced from 10 to 6 allowable forms of documentation.) The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the authority on all matters relating to immigration, naturalization and work eligibility.
- When an existing HRCMS EMPLID is available, validate both Name and SSN.
- Verify UI/UHI eligibility and set-up. Instructions available on the Tax Information Page.
- Verify Medicare eligibility and set-up. Instructions available on the Tax Information Page.