Library cardholders can access a number of databases for no charge. Several are accessible via this website; others are available at your local law library. See details below.
Databases Available to All Cardholders From Your Home or Office:
- HeinOnline: law journal articles, Federal Register, treaties, Statutes at Large and U.S. Supreme Court opinions.
- Nolo Law Books: over 100 full-text self help Nolo law books, brought to you by Ebsco.
- RetrieveLaw: full-text Massachusetts and Federal primary law.
Databases Available to Cardholders Within Massachusetts From Your Home or Office:
All of the above, plus:
- Gale Databases
. An entire suite of databases, including:
- Academic OneFile : law reviews, ABA Journal and other ABA publications, and New York Times full text back to 1995.
- General Business File : includes thousands of business journals, "directory listings for over 150,000 companies, as well as investment analysts' reports on major companies and industries."
- General Reference Center Gold : Consumer Reports, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, People, Vanity Fair and many more. Also includes more scholarly titles.
- New York Times :1995-date.
- Boston Globe from Proquest
: includes Boston Globe 1980-date.
Databases Available at Your Law Library:
- Lexis: a research system providing the most expansive collection of online content available. See Lexis/Westlaw for details on individual locations.
- Westlaw: an online legal research service encompassing over 40,000 databases. See Lexis/Westlaw for details on individual locations.
- And more! Individual library databases differ, so contact your nearest law library for details on availability.