MGL c.142A : Regulation of Home Improvement Contractors
Massachusetts Home Improvement Sample Contract , Mass. Office of Consumer Affairs
"This CONTRACT satisfies all basic requirements of the state's Home Improvement Contractor Law (MGL c. 142A), but does not preclude parties from adding language to protect their specific interests."
- The Attorney General's Consumer Guide to Home Improvement, Mass. Attorney General. "Your Best Protection is to avoid home improvement problems in the first place, wherever possible, by being actively involved in every step of your project, from the initial planning to the finished product, and by knowing and asserting your legal rights. This guide is intended to help you through this important process."
- Home Improvement Contracting, Mass. Office of Consumer Affairs. Site has information for contractors and for consumers, including forms to register, forms to file a complaint, explanation of the law, a method to check a contractor's registration and more.
- How to Be Your Own Contractor & Save Thousands on Your New House or Renovation While Keeping Your Day Job, Atlantic Publishing , 2008. Book covers working with subcontractors, financing and more, with whole chapters on kitchens and bathrooms. Requires Library Card for access.
- Suing Home Contractor for Construction Defects in Small Claims Court in Massachusetts
Explains the process of bringing a contractor to small claims court, as well as other options to consider.
- Work Requiring a Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) Registration or a Construction Supervisor License (CSL) , Mass. Office of Consumer Affairs. Table lists jobs with guidance as to whether or not a license is necessary.
- Home Improvement Contractor Act , MCLE, 2010.
- Home Improvement Contractor Claims: Building Your Case , MCLE, 2008
- Standard Form Construction Contract Documents , MCLE, 2008
Last update: August 26, 2016