- Take the best route to Tobin Bridge.
- Follow Route 1 North to Route 128 North.
- Take Route 128 North to Exit 25 (Route 114 East).
- Take Route 114 East/South towards Salem and follow it as it changes names (Andover/Gardner/Margin and North) and turns for about 3 miles.
- Proceed over the North River and railroad tracks and take first right onto ramp which will lead you to Bridge St.
- Make right and continue straight to Washington Street.
- Take your next right (Federal Street).
- The library is located on the first floor of the Superior Courthouse building at 56 Federal Street.
The Essex Law Library is accessible by the Newburyport/Rockport line of the MBTA. The closest stop to the courthouse is Salem Station. The courthouse is also available by the following MBTA busses: Express Bus 450, Express Bus 455, Bus 456, Express Bus 459 and Bus 465.
There are metered lots as well as paid parking garages available to the public.
The library is totally in compliance with the Architectural Access Board regulations.