Any party, nonparty, or their attorney may make a written request to correct a clerical error in an electronic docket. Such a request may be made using a form that shall be made available online at and at each Clerk's office. The completed form must be submitted to the Clerk's office where the court record in question is physically located and to all parties. 

Effective November 1, 2016


This Rule is intended to allow parties and nonparties to alert the Clerk to a potential clerical mistake or error, but does not apply to the correction of errors of substance. For further process see Mass. R. Civ. P. 60 and Mass. R. Crim. P. 42.

Previous Rule | Addendum