"Our goals are to promote public safety by making participants stakeholders in the community and enrich communities by performing meaningful service."
The Community Service Program administers community work service as an intermediate sanction for criminal justice agencies throughout the state.
Offenders are referred to the Community Service Program as:
- A condition of probation, parole, or pre-release;
- A component of an intermediate sanction level at a community corrections center;
- A means of paying court costs, restitution, fines, or probation supervision fees.
The Community Service Program specifically addresses the purposes of sentencing by:
- Securing the public safety by providing closely monitored community work service;
- Promoting respect for the law and the community through community restitution; and
- Providing opportunities for work skills training.
Community Service Work Schedules
For further information, contact:
Barnstable, Bristol and Plymouth Counties
Norfolk and Suffolk Counties
Dukes, Essex and Middlesex Counties
Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire and Worcester Counties