A Juvenile Court judge is required to appoint a court investigator to "investigate the conditions affecting the child and make a report to the court under oath" in a care and protection proceeding. See G.L. c. 119, Â§24. The investigator's report, which is limited to factual information collected from identified sources such as the parents, child, other family members, etc., as a result of the investigation, is an important source of information for a Juvenile Court judge when undertaking the challenging task of deciding the outcome of a care and protection proceeding.
Please see below for information on how to apply to be eligible to receive appointments as a court investigator in the Juvenile Court, continuing legal education training for current court investigators, guidelines for court investigators and the Uniform Practice and Procedure for the Appointment of Court Investigators.
- Application for Court Investigators (JV-082) file size 1MB
- Court Investigator Certificate of Services/Itemization (JV-116) file size 1MB
- Court Investigator Itemization of Services Additional Page (JV-116) file size 1MB
- Court Investigator Motion (JV-127) file size 1MB
- Consent to Criminal Offender Record Information Check
- Uniform Practice and Procedure Regarding the Appointment of Court Investigators
- Guidelines for Court Investigators
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.