The Probate and Family Court announces the establishment of Category V, Fee-Generating Appointment List for Parenting Coordinators.
Please review this announcement and the application and instructions below before completing the application. The application deadline for those who desire to be included on the July 1, 2017, list for this new category will be May 31, 2017. Applications received after May 31, 2017, will not be reviewed until after July 1, 2017. They will be considered as received, and the successful applicant will be added to this fee-generating appointment list upon approval.
If you wish to apply, certain training requirements must be completed before your application will be considered.
These requirements are:
- At least thirty (30) hours of training in a mediation training program;
- At least six (6) hours of training in intimate partner abuse and family violence dynamics. This training program will be established and provided by the Probate and Family Court, in conjunction with the Trial Court; and,
- At least thirty-five (35) hours of accredited training in topics related to parenting coordination, including but not limited to, a mandatory two hour training required by the Probate and Family Court Administrative Office, the role of the parenting coordinator in Massachusetts, the role of the parenting coordinator generally, developmental stages of children, dynamics of high conflict families, parenting in separate households, conflict management and dispute resolution skills, communication skills, parenting skills, problem-solving techniques. A list of approved training programs can be found below.
If you have attended a similar course that you wish to count toward the training requirement, please ask the sponsoring organization to submit a “Request for Training Program Accreditation for Category V .” The Administrative Office will determine if the course is approved. If approved, you will be notified and the course will be added to the approved list.
If you intend to apply for Category V for the July 1, 2017 list, please submit a letter of interest which includes your name, address and e-mail address to the Administrative Office: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, so that we can contact you to arrange the Intimate Partner Abuse and Family Violence Dynamics training.
Applications for Fee Generating Appointments
- Categories, Qualifications, Methods of Application and Application
This document is a segment of the Annual Report of Fee-Generating Appointments Pursuant to Supreme Judicial Court Rule1:07
- Application D Guardian ad litem
Notice to Category D Applicants
You must take the following MCLE course via webcast prior to submitting your application:
On demand(Recorded)Webcast-MUPC & MUTC Update 2016-MCLE 21700125PO1
A proof of purchase and affidavit of viewing must be submitted with your application package.
- Application Category E Clinician
- Re-Application Category E Clinician
- Application Category F Attorney
- Re-Application Category F Attorney file size 1MB
- Application Category F Clinician
- Re-Application Category F Clinician
- Application Category G Guardian ad litem/Next Friend
- Application Category H Rogers Monitor
- Application Category I Guardian of Elderly or Disabled
- Application Category J Guardian ad litem re: Real Estate
- Application Category N Guardian ad litem for Child Performers
- Application Category O re: Appointment as Expert in Mental Illness
- Application Category Q re: Appointment as Guardian of Mentally Ill Person
- Application Category S Master
- Application Category U re: Appointment as Discovery Master
- Application for Appointment Category V Parenting Coordinator
Related Standing Orders
- Probate and Family Court Standing Order 1-17: Parenting Coordination
- Probate and Family Court Standing Order 1-08: Standards for Guardians ad Litem/Evaluators
- Probate and Family Court Standing Order 2-08: Impoundment of Guardian ad Litem Reports
- FAQ Standing Order 2-08 Impoundment of GAL Reports
- Probate and Family Court Standing Order 1-05: Standards for Guardians ad Litem/Investigators