October 15, 2013 - Revised
Facilities Management Announces Key appointments of Senior Managers
Facilities Management Director John Bello has announced the appointment of the department's senior management team. Facilities Management regions include the state-owned and operated courthouses. The appointments take effect on October 7th.
Anthony J. Duros was appointed as the Deputy Director of Facilities Management. He comes to us from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation where he has held several senior management level positions, including Director of Facilities-Metropolitan Highway System (MHS) and Director of Finance & Administration for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority before it merged with the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.
Managers of Court Facilities
Region I: Darryl S. MacDonald has been appointed as Manager of Court Facilities for Region I. He joins us from Commercial Facilities Management where he served as Operations and Maintenance Manager two federal buildings in Hartford, CT. Additionally, Darryl has held several private sector management positions with a concentration on maintenance planning, building and grounds operations, budgeting, staff training and development, safety and training.
- District Courts in Chicopee, Greenfield, Holyoke, Palmer & Pittsfield
- Berkshire Superior and Probate Courts; Springfield House of Justice, Housing and Juvenile Courts;
- Hampshire District, Superior and Probate Courts
Region II: Michael A. Norman will serve as Manager of Court Facilities for Region II. He joined the Trial Court in 2005 as a Regional Building System Manger responsible for system management and maintenance of 25 courthouses. Prior to joining the Trial Court, Michael held several key management positions in private industry with increased management responsibilities.
- Worcester Trial Court
- District Courts in Ayer, Clinton, Concord, Dudley, E. Brookfield, Fitchburg, Framingham, Gardner, Marlborough, Milford, Newton, Westborough and Uxbridge
Region III: Matthew A. Sepe, who was appointed Manager of Court Facilities for Region III, joins the Trial Court from Middlesex Community College where he served as Dean of Facilities Management. Prior to joining Middlesex Community College, he held several senior management positions such as President and CEO of Colonial Waste Management and Vice President of Human Resources for Great Nordic. Matthew’s management experience includes operations management, human resources and finance.
- Fenton Judicial Center & Lawrence Superior Court:
- Ruane Judicial Center & Essex Probate and Family Court
- District Courts in Haverhill, Ipswich, Lynn, Peabody
- Lowell District and Superior Court; Newburyport District and Superior Court
Region IV: Ronald P. DePesa, Manager of Court Facilities for Region IV, joined the Trial Court in 2006 as an Operations and Maintenance Supervisor responsible for the day to day management of three court complexes, including Plymouth, Brockton and Taunton Trial Courts. Prior to joining the Trial Court, Ron held several management-level positions, including Facilities Manager for Boston College where he was responsible for the overall operations of several buildings, including budget development and long-term planning for building improvement.
- Brockton Covett Courthouse & Brockton Superior Court
- Fall River Justice Center & Fall River Trial Court (Durfee)
- Falmouth District Court
- Plymouth Trial Court
- New Bedford Probate and Family Court
- Taunton Trial Court
Region V: Scott J. Arneil will serve as Manager of Court Facilities for Region V. He comes to the Trial Court from Massport where he has held several supervisory level positions with a major focus on customer service. As Supervisor of Airport Facilities with Massport, Scott was responsible for a large workforce, ensuring day-to-day performance. He was also responsible for the management of large scale contracts and budget.
- Edward W. Brooke Courthouse, Suffolk County Courthouse, John Adams Courthouse
- Boston Municipal Courts in East Boston, South Boston, Charlestown, Roxbury, Dorchester, Brighton, West Roxbury
- District Courts in Waltham, Woburn, Malden, Somerville
- Cambridge District Court & Cambridge Probate and Family Court
Manager of Operations
Linda Lane Serino has been appointed as Manager of Operations for Facilities Management. Linda joins the department from Court Capital Projects where she served as Operations Manager for 13 years. As the Manager of Operations, Linda will handle all personnel-related matters and other operations special projects for the department and will advise the Director and Deputy Director on policy development affecting personnel. Linda, who has 20 years of service with the Trial Court, joins Facilities Management at a critical time and will be instrumental in assisting the department with the many initiatives underway.
Return to the Home Page