See G.L. c.208 (more specifically, G.L. c.208, Section 1A )
The following must be filed with this petition:
- Certified copy of civil marriage certificate.
- R-408-Certificate of Absolute Divorce or Annulment Statistical Information must be filed with this complaint. Form file size 6MB | Instructions (See G.L. c.208, Section 6B )
- Affidavit of Care and Custody if parties have child(ren) together. (form available at the courthouse)
- Notarized Separation Agreement.
- Affidavit of Irretrievable Breakdown Form | Instructions
See Uniform Fee Schedule for applicable filing fees.
All parties to a divorce action in which there is/are minor child(ren) are required to attend and participate in an approved Parent Education Program unless requirement waived by the court. See Probate and Family Court Standing Order 4-08 .
An automatic restraining order applies to both parties in a complaint for divorce. It prohibits either party from engaging in any action which changes the present financial status of the parties. See Supplemental Probate Court Rule 411 .
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.