See G.L. c.208 (more specifically, G.L. c.208, Section 1A )
The following must be filed with this petition:
- Certified copy of civil marriage certificate.
- R-408-Certificate of Absolute Divorce or Annulment Statistical Information must be filed with this complaint. Form file size 6MB | Instructions (See G.L. c.208, Section 6B )
- Affidavit of Care and Custody if parties have child(ren) together. (form available at the courthouse)
- Notarized Separation Agreement.
- Affidavit of Irretrievable Breakdown Form | Instructions
See Uniform Fee Schedule for applicable filing fees.
All parties to a divorce action in which there is/are minor child(ren) are required to attend and participate in an approved Parent Education Program unless requirement waived by the court. See Probate and Family Court Standing Order 4-08 .
An automatic restraining order applies to both parties in a complaint for divorce. It prohibits either party from engaging in any action which changes the present financial status of the parties. See Supplemental Probate Court Rule 411 .