Non-exclusive List of Mitigating
and Aggravating Factors
- The defendant was a minor
participant in the criminal conduct.
- The defendant was suffering
from a mental or physical condition that significantly reduced
his culpability for the offense.
- The victim was an initiator,
aggressor, or provoker of the offense.
- The sentence was imposed in
accordance with a jointly agreed recommendation.
- The age of the defendant at
the time of the offense.
- The defendant verifies current
involvement in, or successful completion of, a substance abuse
or other treatment program that began after the date of the
- The victim was especially
vulnerable due to age or physical or mental disability.
- The victim was treated with
- The defendant used position
or status to facilitate commission of the offense, such as a
position of trust, confidence or fiduciary relationship.
- The defendant was a leader
in the commission of an offense involving two or more criminal
- The defendant committed the
offense while on probation, on parole, or during escape.
- The defendant has committed
repeated offenses against the same victim.