If you have received a letter entitled “Notice of Delinquency,” you must contact our Legal Department.
- Legal Department: 1-877-9-NO-SHOW (1-877-966-7469), Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Who receives a Notice of Delinquency?
All people who fail to appear when summoned are sent a Failure to Appear Notice about a week after their scheduled service date has passed. Those who do not respond to the Failure to Appear Notice will receive a Notice of Delinquency.
- The Notice of Delinquency is sent to three types of jurors:
- Jurors who do not respond to the summons,
- Jurors who respond but then fail to appear; and
- Jurors who appear but fail to complete their jury service.
- Notices of Delinquency are distributed on a periodic basis, depending on the judicial district (counties) in which the OJC is prosecuting cases at the time.
How do you resolve your delinquency?
- Follow the instructions on your Notice of Delinquency, and either perform jury duty at your assigned courthouse or provide the Office of Jury Commissioner with proof of a legitimate disqualification.
- Approximately 50% of jurors to whom the OJC sends Notices of Delinquency have their delinquencies resolved at this stage.
Office of Jury Commissioner for the Commonwealth
560 Harrison Avenue - Suite 600, Boston, Massachusetts 02118-2447
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.