If you have received a postcard stating that you failed to appear to perform your juror service as scheduled:
- Call 1-800-THE-JURY (1-800-843-5879) and speak with one of our schedulers (out of state callers, please call 617-338-6409).
- They are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Who receives a Failure to Appear Notice?
- The OJC sends a Failure to Appear Notice by first-class mail to every person summoned for jury duty who fails to appear at the courthouse on the day they are scheduled to serve.
How do you respond to a Failure to Appear Notice?
- The Failure to Appear Notice is a postcard that instructs the juror contact the OJC to explain the absence and reschedule an appearance date, or to provide evidence in support of disqualification from service (such as a doctor’s letter).
- Once the juror serves or provides proof of disqualification, the juror’s Failure to Appear is resolved.
- Most delinquent jurors are able to resolve their Failure to Appear at this stage.