If you have received a postcard stating that you failed to appear to perform your juror service as scheduled:
- Call 1-800-THE-JURY (1-800-843-5879) and speak with one of our schedulers (out of state callers, please call 617-338-6409).
- They are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Who receives a Failure to Appear Notice?
- The OJC sends a Failure to Appear Notice by first-class mail to every person summoned for jury duty who fails to appear at the courthouse on the day they are scheduled to serve.
How do you respond to a Failure to Appear Notice?
- The Failure to Appear Notice is a postcard that instructs the juror contact the OJC to explain the absence and reschedule an appearance date, or to provide evidence in support of disqualification from service (such as a doctor’s letter).
- Once the juror serves or provides proof of disqualification, the juror’s Failure to Appear is resolved.
- Most delinquent jurors are able to resolve their Failure to Appear at this stage.
Office of Jury Commissioner for the Commonwealth
560 Harrison Avenue - Suite 600, Boston, Massachusetts 02118-2447
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.