You may request a deferment of your date of service to a different date within 12 months of your originally scheduled date by completing Section 3A and 3B of the Grand Juror Confirmation Form or in the appropriate section online.
- Prospective grand jurors may request deferment of their service to either January, April, July, or October (most grand juries are convened only during those months).
Transfer of Court Location
- Because grand juries are convened at only one site within each judicial district (county), grand jurors may not change their court location.
- If you have been summoned for grand jury service and you have an extreme hardship that prevents you from reporting to the county courthouse at which the grand jury is impaneled, you may be eligible for an extreme hardship disqualification under OJC Regulation 9.
- If you have been summoned for grand jury service and you have a hardship that prevents you from performing grand jury service, you may be eligible for a modification of your service to trial jury service under OJC Regulation 9.
- Contact the OJC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-THE-JURY (1-800-843-5879) for more information.