Public Information Office
The Public Information Office of the Supreme Judicial Court is the central communications office for media, and public inquiries and requests concerning the Massachusetts judicial branch. The overall mission of the Public Information Office is to educate and assist the media and the public to understand the role and function of the Massachusetts courts.
In its media relations role, the Public Information Office (PIO) responds to media inquiries and requests for public information. The PIO participates in and promotes court-specific programs and activities. The office registers members of the media under SJC Rule 1:19, which allows for registered media to bring electronic devices into the courtroom. The PIO also provides the support staff for the Supreme Judicial Court's Judiciary-Media Committee.
In its community relations role, the Public Information Office conducts the annual Judicial Youth Corps program for high school students, the annual Supreme Judicial Court Student Government Day program, Law Day programs, and facilitates courthouse visits and tours for schools and other groups.
- Honorable Ralph D. Gants of the Supreme Judicial Court Administered Oath of Office
- Supreme Judicial Court Announces Judicial Youth Corps High School Internship Program in Springfield
- Supreme Judicial Court Standing Committee Seeks Nominations for 2014 Adams Pro Bono Publico Awards
- Hon. Amy L. Nechtem Appointed Chief Justice of the Juvenile Court by Trial Court Chief Justice Paula M. Carey
- Boston High School Students Participate in Law Day at John Adams Courthouse
- See All Recent News