Public Information Office
The Public Information Office of the Supreme Judicial Court is the central communications office for media, and public inquiries and requests concerning the Massachusetts judicial branch. The overall mission of the Public Information Office is to educate and assist the media and the public to understand the role and function of the Massachusetts courts.
In its media relations role, the Public Information Office (PIO) responds to media inquiries and requests for public information. The PIO participates in and promotes court-specific programs and activities. The office registers members of the media under SJC Rule 1:19, which allows for registered media to bring electronic devices into the courtroom. The PIO also provides the support staff for the Supreme Judicial Court's Judiciary-Media Committee .
In its community relations role, the Public Information Office conducts the annual Judicial Youth Corps program for high school students, the annual Supreme Judicial Court Student Government Day program, Law Day programs, and facilitates courthouse visits and tours for schools and other groups.
- Trial Court Chief Justice Paula M. Carey Announces Passing of Former Chief Justice John E. Fenton, Jr.
- Supreme Judicial Court Announces Committee to Examine Juror Voir Dire
- Trial Court Opens Court Service Centers, Offers Small Claims Videos Online in Eight Languages
- Honorable Geraldine S. Hines Sworn In as Associate Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court
- Massachusetts Trial Court to Add Nine New Specialty Courts
- See All Recent News