An abuse prevention order is a court order.  That means that only a judge can change the order. The person who requested the order CANNOT change or end the order without returning to court.  Even if the plaintiff seems to request or allow conduct forbidden by the order, the defendant will be in violation of the abuse prevention order unless a judge has changed it.

If you want to change or end the order you can go to the same court that issued the order Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm to ask the judge to change or end the order. The Clerk-Magistrate’s Office can assist you in the filing of documents to make this request.

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.