- M.G.L. c.258E
- What is the difference between an Abuse Prevention Order (209A) and a Harassment Prevention Order (258E)?
- Harassment Prevention Orders Detailed memorandum from District Court
- Abuse & Harassment Available in seven languages
- Law library resources
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) runs a 24/7 toll-free hotline: 800.841.8371
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 1.800.656.HOPE: connects callers directly to local crisis centers.
- Jane Doe, Inc. is the statewide coalition of against sexual assault and domestic violence. Their website includes information for victims of sexual and domestic violence and stalking. http://www.janedoe.org/learn_more and http://www.janedoe.org/find_help
- Local Police- You don’t have to call the police, but it is important for you to know you can call them if you feel you need their protection, especially in emergencies.
- Mass. Office for Victim Assistance Coordinates the SAFEPLAN programs on a statewide basis. SAFEPLAN is a court-based program that provides advocates to help victims of sexual assault and stalking who are seeking a harassment prevention order. SAFEPLAN Advocates are available in 41 district and probate courts across the state. The services they provide to victims are free. SAFEPLAN Advocates can help victims of sexual assault or stalking with getting a 258E order or go with you to a harassment prevention order hearing. For information on SAFEPLAN Advocates, what they do, and how to reach them, read the SAFEPLAN FAQs .
Harassment Prevention Orders
- What is Harassment?
- What Can I Request Under a Harassment Prevention Order?
- How Do I Get a Harassment Prevention Order?
- How Long Does the Order Last?
- 10-Day Hearing
- How Do I Appeal?
- What Happens if the Defendant Does Something He/She is Not Supposed to Do?
- What If I Want to Change or Terminate (End) the Order?
- More Information on Harassment Prevention Orders
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.