If you want to change or end the order, you can come to the court that issued the order Mon.- Fri: 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. to file a request that the judge make changes or end the order. The Clerk-Magistrate’s Office can assist you in the filing of documents to make this request. A hearing will be set and the plaintiff will be given notice of the hearing. The court staff will tell you if they will let the plaintiff know about the hearing or if you need to send the plaintiff notice by mail and when that has to be done.
Information for Defendants on Abuse Prevention Orders
- Abuse Prevention Orders: Information for Defendants
- I Just Received an Abuse Prevention Order: What Does this Mean?
- What Happens Next? Information for Defendants in Abuse Prevention Order Cases
- What Happens if I Do Something I am Ordered Not to Do?
- What if I Want to Change or End an Abuse Prevention Order Against Me?
- How Do I Appeal an Abuse Prevention Order Against Me?
- Abuse Prevention Orders: More Information for Defendants