You have 30 days to appeal after the judge issues the order. No matter what court issued the order, you must appeal to the Massachusetts Appeals Court. To start your appeal, you must file a Notice of Appeal at the Clerk’s office of the court that issued the order within thirty days of your hearing. See the Appeals Court Help Center for information on the appeals process.
Information for Defendants on Abuse Prevention Orders
- Abuse Prevention Orders: Information for Defendants
- I Just Received an Abuse Prevention Order: What Does this Mean?
- What Happens Next? Information for Defendants in Abuse Prevention Order Cases
- What Happens if I Do Something I am Ordered Not to Do?
- What if I Want to Change or End an Abuse Prevention Order Against Me?
- How Do I Appeal an Abuse Prevention Order Against Me?
- Abuse Prevention Orders: More Information for Defendants
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.