Under the law, abuse is:
- Physically harming you or trying to physically harm you,
- Causing fear that you are likely to be physically hurt at any moment, or
- Forcing you to have sex, or threatening you into having sex.
Abuse Prevention Orders for Plaintiffs
- Abuse Prevention Orders: Information for Plaintiffs (People Seeking Orders)
- What is Abuse?
- Who Can I Be Protected Against?
- What Can I Request Under an Abuse Prevention Order?
- How Do I Get an Abuse Prevention Order?
- How Long Does the Order Last?
- 10 Day Hearing
- How Do I Appeal?
- What Happens if the Defendant Does Something He or She is Not Supposed to Do?
- What if I Want to Change or Terminate (End) the Order?
- More Information for People Seeking Abuse Prevention Orders