- someone committing 3 or more acts,
- that were willful and malicious (this means that it is on purpose and was done for cruelty, hostility or revenge),
- aimed at you,
- that were intended to cause you fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property, and
- that did in fact cause you fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property. “Abuse” means causing or attempting to cause physical harm or causing fear of imminent serious physical harm. Fear must be fear of being physically hurt.
- someone one time forcing you to have sex or threatening you into have sex
- someone committing one of the following crimes against you at least once:
- Indecent assault and battery
- Statutory rape
- Assault with intent to commit rape
- Enticement of a child
- Criminal stalking
- Criminal harassment
- Drugging for sexual intercourse
Harassment Prevention Orders
- What is Harassment?
- What Can I Request Under a Harassment Prevention Order?
- How Do I Get a Harassment Prevention Order?
- How Long Does the Order Last?
- 10-Day Hearing
- How Do I Appeal?
- What Happens if the Defendant Does Something He/She is Not Supposed to Do?
- What If I Want to Change or Terminate (End) the Order?
- More Information on Harassment Prevention Orders