How: Filing a notice of appeal in the Municipal Court's Clerk's Office.
When: Within ten days of the entry of the judgment or final order on the docket of the Boston Municipal Court.
Where: For almost all cases, the appeal is to the Appellate Division of the Boston Municipal Court, where you must follow the Appellate Division's Rules of Procedure .
Decisions on unemployment appeals and zoning cases are appealed to the Appeals Court, and are commenced by filing a notice of appeal within thirty days of entry of the decision on the docket. For appeals to the Appeals Court, you must comply with the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure. See the Appeals Court Help Center for information on the appeals process.
- The Right to an Appeal
- Stages of an Appeal
- Starting an Appeal
- Appealing a Civil Case from the Boston Municipal Court
- Appealing a Civil Case from the District Court
- Appealing Final Decisions of the Appellate Division
- Appealing Cases from Housing Court
- Appealing Cases from Probate and Family Court
- Appealing Cases from Juvenile Court
- Appealing Cases from Land Court
- Appealing Civil Cases from Superior Court
- Appealing Small Claims Decisions
- Appealing Abuse Prevention Order Decisions
- Appealing Civil Motor Vehicle Infraction Decisions
- Appeals from State Agencies