How: Filing a notice of appeal in the District or Municipal Court's Clerk's Office.

When: Within ten days of the entry of the judgment or final order on the docket of the District Court or Boston Municipal Court.

Where: For almost all cases, the appeal is to the Appellate Division of the District Court or the Boston Municipal Court, where you must follow the Appellate Division's Rules of Procedure .  

Decisions on unemployment appeals and zoning cases are appealed to the Appeals Court, and are commenced by filing a notice of appeal within thirty days of entry of the decision on the docket.  For appeals to the Appeals Court, you must comply with the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure . See the Appeals Court Help Center for information on the appeals process.