How: Filing a notice of appeal in the Land Court Recorder's Office.
When: For almost all cases, within thirty days of entry of the judgment on the docket.
Where: For almost all cases, the appeal is to the Massachusetts Appeals Court. You must follow the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure. See the Appeals Court Help Center for information on the appeals process.
- The Right to an Appeal
- Stages of an Appeal
- Starting an Appeal
- Appealing a Civil Case from the Boston Municipal Court
- Appealing a Civil Case from the District Court
- Appealing Final Decisions of the Appellate Division
- Appealing Cases from Housing Court
- Appealing Cases from Probate and Family Court
- Appealing Cases from Juvenile Court
- Appealing Cases from Land Court
- Appealing Civil Cases from Superior Court
- Appealing Small Claims Decisions
- Appealing Abuse Prevention Order Decisions
- Appealing Civil Motor Vehicle Infraction Decisions
- Appeals from State Agencies