How: Filing a notice of appeal in the Land Court Recorder's Office.
When: For almost all cases, within thirty days of entry of the judgment on the docket.
Where: For almost all cases, the appeal is to the Massachusetts Appeals Court. You must follow the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure . See the Appeals Court Help Center for information on the appeals process.
- The Right to an Appeal
- Stages of an Appeal
- Starting an Appeal
- Appealing a Civil Case from the District Court or Boston Municipal Court
- Appealing Final Decisions of the Appellate Division
- Appealing Cases from Housing Court
- Appealing Cases from Probate and Family Court
- Appealing Cases from Juvenile Court
- Appealing Cases from Land Court
- Appealing Civil Cases from Superior Court
- Appealing Small Claims Decisions
- Appealing Abuse Prevention Order Decisions
- Appealing Civil Motor Vehicle Infraction Decisions
- Appeals from State Agencies