If you do not go to court on the date that you are supposed to, then a warrant for your arrest may be issued on that day. If you miss court, go to the clerk's office immediately and explain the situation. You may be assigned another court date. It is your responsibility to arrive at court on the right day and at the right time.
Part 3: Pre-Trial, Trial and Verdict
- What is a pre-trial conference date?
- What occurs at a pre-trial conference?
- How soon must a trial take place?
- How are cases decided at a trial?
- What happens at trial?
- What is a verdict?
- Can I appeal a guilty verdict?
- Can I appeal from a guilty plea?
- What happens if I do not go to court?
- What should I do if I miss a probation appointment?
- How can I get help if I am a victim of a crime?
- Where can I get help if I am a criminal defendant?
- More information on the criminal process