You should go to court on that date. It is important to make sure you arrive on time. The information listed below applies when you have been summonsed to court, as well as to those who have been arrested (except an arrestee is not entitled to a show cause hearing).
Part 1: Before Arraignment
- What happens if I am arrested?
- What are my rights?
- Can I be released after I am booked at the police station?
- What happens if I receive a complaint and notice of criminal charges and a date to appear in court in the mail (and I am not arrested)?
- What is a show cause hearing?
- What is the difference between criminal charges in superior court and criminal charges in district court?
- What is an arraignment date?
- What should I do before I go to court?
- Part 2: Arraignment or First Appearance in Court