Getting a CORI on behalf of someone else
You may have the right to request a CORI on behalf of someone else:
Getting Someone Else’s CORI
If you are a member of the public
You can get a copy of the following CORI about any person:
- Convictions for any felony for which the person could have been sentenced to 5 years or more, for 10 years following the disposition of the case, including the end of any period of incarceration or custody
- Information about an inmate’s status and where he or she is being held, if the inmate is currently serving imprisoned, or is on parole or probation
- Convictions for any felony for two years following the disposition of the case, including the end of any period of incarceration or custody
- Misdemeanor convictions for one year following the disposition of the case, including the end of any period of incarceration or custody
- All convictions for murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter and sex offenses for which the person could have gone to prison, unless the record has been sealed
If you are in a special class
There are two types of people or organizations who have special access to CORI.
- Required Access to CORI is available only to people who are authorized or required by law to obtain access to CORI to screen applicants.
- Standard Access to CORI is available to employers, landlords, property management companies, real estate agents, public housing authorities, and governmental licensing agencies to screen employees, tenants, or people applying for certain types of licenses.
Details on what you can see in a person’s CORI if you are in one of those categories can be found in: 803 CMR 2 .
You have a right to know who got copies of your CORI.
- Your Criminal Record
- What is Not Included in a Criminal Record?
- How to Get a Copy of Your Own Criminal Record
- How to Get a Copy of Someone Else's Criminal Record
- What to Do if There are Mistakes on Your Criminal Record
- How to Seal Your Criminal Record
- Can an Employer See My Criminal Record?
- More Information on Criminal Records