Either you or your spouse, or both, can ask for alimony at the time of divorce. Also, if the original divorce judgment did not mention alimony at all, you can file a complaint for alimony for the first time at any time after your divorce.

Alimony may be changed after a divorce through a process called a modification. See Changing Your Alimony for more information on this process.

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.