Child support is usually ordered to be paid through the Department of Revenue (DOR).  The amount that is ordered is taken out of the non-custodial parent's pay by the employer and sent directly to DOR. This is called a wage assignment. DOR sends the child support it receives to the custodial parent. DOR keeps a record of all payments it receives from the non-custodial parent and sends to the custodial parent. See DOR's child support page for more information.