You cannot remarry until the nisi period is complete. The nisi period is the time between when the court enters your divorce judgment and the divorce becomes final by operation of the law.
A “1A” divorce is not final until 120 days from the date of the judgment.
A “1B” divorce is not final until 90 days from the date of the hearing if a judgment is entered.
How Do I get a Copy of My Divorce Decree?
Once the divorce is final and absolute, you do not receive a divorce decree from the court. You can request a certified copy of your divorce decree for $20.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page by contacting the court that granted your divorce.
- Who Can File for Divorce?
- Where Do I File for Divorce?
- What Forms Do I File for Divorce?
- Divorce Fees
- The Divorce Process
- Motion to Request an Order for Your Spouse to Help Pay for an Attorney to Represent You in Your Divorce Case
- How Will Our Money and Things Get Divided?
- What is a Divorce Nisi?
- When is My Divorce Final?
- More Information about Divorce
- Parent Education