Probate and Family Court

Local courts differ on the type of payments (cash, check, credit card, etc.) that they will accept.

Call your court to find out the accepted methods of payment in that location.

If you believe you cannot pay the filing fee because you are indigent, you may request that the fee be waived. This means that you would not have to pay the fee.

If you cannot afford fees

If you cannot afford court fees, you need to you need to qualify under the federal poverty income guidelines and file an Affidavit of Indigency.  You can find information on the requirements and process at Affidavit of Indigency and Related Documents (see below). This explains your financial situation to the court, so the court can decide whether or not you will need to pay your own fees.

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.