You can file in the Probate and Family Court in the county where either you or your spouse lives, but if you left the home you lived in as a couple, you must file in the county where your spouse lives. See Where Do I File to find the right court for your location.
Forms that Must be Filed
- Complaint for separate support
- Certified copy of civil marriage certificate. This is available from the Registry of Vital Records
- Financial Statement. There are two different forms that are used, depending on your income.
You May Also Need to File
If you have children with your spouse:
- Affidavit Disclosing Care or Custody Proceedings
- Child Support Guidelines Worksheet
If you have an attorney:
He or she must also file Uniform Counsel Certification Form