You can file in the Probate and Family Court in the county where either you or your spouse lives, but if you left the home you lived in as a couple, you must file in the county where your spouse lives. See Where Do I File to find the right court for your location.
Forms that Must be Filed
- Complaint for separate support
- Certified copy of civil marriage certificate. This is available from the Registry of Vital Records
- Financial Statement. There are two different forms that are used, depending on your income.
You May Also Need to File
If you have children with your spouse:
- Affidavit Disclosing Care or Custody Proceedings
- Child Support Guidelines Worksheet
If you have an attorney:
He or she must also file Uniform Counsel Certification Form
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.