You will be expected to act in the child’s best interest and exercise reasonable care, diligence and prudence.
Once a year, you will need to file an annual report with the court. You have to remember this yourself- the court will not send you a reminder. See: Annual Report Form file size 1MB .
Guardians and Caregivers of Minors
- Guardians of Children and Other Non-Parent Caregivers
- Who Can Request a Guardianship of a Minor? Who Can Become a Guardian?
- Where Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- What Forms Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- The Guardianship Process
- Getting Help with Filing for Guardianship
- After You Are Named Guardian of a Minor
- More Information about Caregivers and Guardians